Sunday, December 9, 2007

*sigh* *squee* *sigh*


heartsy happy!

Philippine Speculative Fiction was launched yesterday and wow.

I was the only one there without much accolade to my name, and though I'm the youngest, Marguerite looked younger. Hehe.

Of course, when I went down before them, I lost control on my tongue and babbled, but I forgot to say what I've been feeling since I got the acceptance letter and saw the official table of contents: and that is how honored I am to be among them literary giants.

I got nice autographs from Dean, Luis, Charles, Yvette, T.J. I wanted one from Ian Casocot, but there I went, cold feet and gills. Andrew Drilon, who I missed in my autograph hunt, and who plucked the plum in the Neil Gaiman-sponsored Philippine Graphic/Awards I drooled for, waved 'Congrats!' to me when we met on the FB escalators, him going down, me going up. I was too tongue-tied and touched by his friendliness to do more than nod.
Nice folks, all of them, and I'm so inspired. Wait 'til you see what Mr Katigbak wrote to me. He says he's waiting for my six novels. Oh no. I shouldn't have put that in my bio! Susme, my editing IN folder is clogged as I type away here, because I've been so distracted reading Montgomery's Anne series.
Go over to Bibliophile Stalker, guys, Charles called me and Marguerite a cutie there. Wahaha. ^_^

The photos: My story in PSF3's so delicious layout.
Nikki and Dean.

I might get some names wrong (I even thought Yvette was Marguerite when I asked for her autograph!), so I'll just say I'm glad where I placed myself: That's Mr Katigbak behind me, Andrew and Joseph (prose winner in Philippine Graphic/Fiction) in front of me, Yvette (2nd place in PG/F) and Charles (blogger and stalker extraordinaire) to my right and Mr Casocot on my left.

No comments: