Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Dreamy day


I had a weaird dream today. Yes, today, not last night, kasi you know na, I get up at around three P.M, hehe.
We almost always forget our dreams when we become conscious, but sometimes scraps hold on, and our subconscious holds on, too. I found this very useful, my subconscious's tenacity had inspired many essays and plot bunnies.
Anyway, at first, I was in this place with many alleys, eskinitas. I was walking along there, and I remember vividly how I avoided every muck and puddle. It looked like a wet market, though there didn't seem to be stalls selling anything, just shacks and other small buildings.
I was walking, and suddenly a dog was following me. Mom appeared out of nowhere and began swatting at the dog, while I was biting my tongue and praying to San Roque (said to be the patron of dogs).
I don't know if the dog did anything, all I recall is that I was suddenly so furious, and I shouted at the dog's owner, "Asong ganyan, hindi nakatali! Ikulong niyo yan!"
*end of dream*
And then I was in a church. What was remarkable was that there were candles on the back of the pews, so that if you sat down, you are in danger of burning your hair.
The Mass ended, and we all congregated on the doors. The doors were all closed. And there was one minister saying, "Bubuksan yan ni Lord."
It was so weird. Suddenly, there was my cousin Carlo, and he led me up a winding staircase. On the landing, we were no longer in the church, but a creepy empty hall with heavy drapes on the windows.
*end of dream*
I always have this dream of getting lost in a mansion, you know. Whichever way we turned, whatever door we entered, or however many staircases we climbed, we never found the exit. Sometimes, I'm alone in this 'lost' dream, and this is when I wake up desperate for water.
I don't know if it means anything. I don't mind much. But it's sometimes scary when you're aware that your subconscious is intent on giving you some message.


1 comment:

Allen Yuarata said...

hoy tamadea mozart! musta naman?! luk hu's blog this is... tsk tsk tsk... haha... obvious ba la ako masabi?? sarap padalhan ng applet virus blog mo. bwahahaha! ill di dat one of this days. joke! ngatz!!!!