Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Friends

It's only right and expected that I dedicate one special post for those brujos and brujas that have made my life so pleasant lately. And sometimes, I still marvel at how far I've come, from that sad-loner-with-no-barkada I used to be.
I'm also touched because MaCofWiz seems tightly knit (inactive members aside), even though we all became friends through what would be considered 'dodgy' means. But after the successful and fun 'eyeballs', there's no other way of saying it: It's Magic. Magic done by God, giving me friends who accept me and think of me. Gosh. I don't deserve this.
This afternoon, Eli told me nasa galaan daw siya, in Intramuros, with Allen and Reniel. Wala lang, I reflected lang, na it was good that these Maco brujos were hanging out together. College is different from high school, I guess it was such a comfort to have friends already, as all of them came from far places other than Manila. Ren is from here in Bulacan, Eli and Allen both hailed all the way from Antique. I could claim that because of Maco, they have companions ready. I myself am excited na nga to go to college too, because of my friends. Planned na agad ang mga gala, Allen said ililibot niya ako sa Manila. Hanepf. I hope my parents won't stumble over this, wahaha!
Funny. Before kasi I used to tremble at the mere thought of going back to school. All those strange people...
My friends gave me confidence and a new personality.
Even my uncle noticed it. I am now more outgoing, no longer the stuck-up suplada I was infamous in the family of being.
I owe a lot to you, guys. My mare Rolydee gave me funny bones. Sherly, Shen, Marynol, Lyn, Debi taught me sweetness. And the boys, well, the boys made me learn a lot about boys. That they could be sweet and caring and fun, not just brusque engots. Wahehe. Joking! Talaga, I was this suplada and taray dati. But this is all in the past, when I had no MaCofWiz to call 'home'.
Kahit I always send Snitches and W.T's and am so insistent about Potterity, it all comes down to friendship. It would break my heart if I lose you, brus. I always thank God for you, and ask Him to put you in His palms.
To each of you: thank you so much for being you. For being my friend. *senti*

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi there, Ate Joanna! I'm very happy and lucky to have you as a friend.^_^
You said that you were suplada? I never in the span of knowing you, thought you were suplada before.=P
And you know I just thought of something.. I think I'm the only one from macofwiz that calls you Ate Joanna and not Pau or Pauie. lol