Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Doodle, doodle


It's apparent I'm addicted.
I just found my long-lost Pilot ballpen (I refuse to use any other). I'll be in for a very long night, updating my conventional diary up to February. That's how long I haven't written in my journal. Kasi naman, I have another addiction, and that is reading. Between fanfiction and Little Women and Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea series, walang laban ang diary ko. Whew.
And then here is my very own blog. Unlike the fake one Globe had, this is a real blog that only me and those of my friends I shared my URL with could view. That's neat. No comments on tagboards about 'what daw silbi ng mga posts ko', susme.
Today, I have just returned my first editing job!
They called it 'beta-reading' in UK. Nice term. (Beta is the second letter in the Greek alphabet. So basically, it means, I'm a 'second reader'). Ganun. I am now a beta-reader in Mugglenet Fanfiction. Nyehe. And I was so giddy receiving my first job. My 'client' had a problem with spelling, grammar and punctuation kasi, and then there were also some HP canon facts to correct. When I was done, seeing those red letters left by Microsoft Word's Track Changes tool, I felt like I was slurping Selecta Quezo Real. Hehe. That good.
And then to add to my bliss, I received an e-mail from CPMA telling me, "Hi Joanna, this is to confirm receipt of your entry in the Essay and Short-story categories along with your resume and Authorization Letter."
Now I need only pray and pray and pray that I win--and that Emily will soon email me that her story had been validated at MNFF. *Ka-ching!*
p.s. Just saw Spidey3's trailer. But wala panama sa OOtP jitters. Oh gosh, July, will you hurry up?

1 comment:

deb said...

Hi ate! ^^, Nice naman. I feel so blessed having you. Mwah! Hopefully we could get to see each other soon again. Miss ya.