Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Ring and the Fellowships

mood: just happy! *giggles* ignore the tense mishaps in this post... too lazy to self-edit

I found my ring! Given me by Dad when I was 15, it got lost last year in August (during a wrestling and snarling and death threats match with my brother) and wasn't discovered under the dishrack until January. And then I mourned over it again yesterday. I thought for sure I had flushed it in the toilet.

Turns out my other brother found it even before I was bending over and peering under furniture, inhaling and sneezing dust. Yay!

My mom asked me to hilot her. Halfway through the conversation, when I was asking what 'breed' of gold their old wedding ring was, she showed me her left hand. There, I saw my ring's zircon stones flash beside her Ilocos gold wedding ring. Yay!

My ring... Saudi gold, 18 karat. Just the right glint, unlike Mom and Dad's newer wedding rings, Hongkong gold at 24 karat-- they're too yellow for my liking. The Ilocos gold, meanwhile, was reddish. It looks bronze sometimes, but I like it, too. Hmm hmm. My ring, with six zircon stones forming a heart. Charming. Do I hear fifty? Hehe.

My brothers and sister are covering their faces 'watching' Shutter on the tv while I write this. Hehe. Me, I like shouting, so I keep my eyes uncovered and open.

Wooh, tomorrow is my friend Reniel's birthday! Happy birthday, Ren! And tomorrow, my friend Allen's back in Manila from Antique. Welcome back, Len! *awaits barquiron and books*

Of course, tomorrow also marks my friends' school comebacks. They'll be busy, weighted down by schoolwork. In this, I'm different from them. My days are filled with reading and writing. You'd think I have books of my own to show for it. But nada. Tsk tsk. I need to burn the oil in constant supply. *makes note to self*

There's the Likhaan... and the next Palanca. And my agent in the States who is waiting for me to write again with a FINISHED book.

Anyway, I'm grateful for all these open doors. And the coming PSF launch! Thank you so much, Lord! For my ring, for my friends and for my little Hobbiton.

No comments: