Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm unworthy...




...of the gifts this day brought.




Greetings from friends and relatives, warm wishes, hugs, kisses, and then the shocker! I'll be anthologized in the 3rd volume of The Philippine Speculative Fiction! Wooh! Breathe, woman, breathe.




Thank you so much, O Most Holy Trinity! And you, Mama Mary! You've been so kind and generous!




"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever!"




"With all my heart, I will praise you, Lord,


with all that I am I will praise


Your Holy Name,


I will never forget how kind you are!"




Since September 15, I've been waiting for the results of the submissions. And now, just in time for my birthday, I get an email from Mr Dean Francis Alfar!




"Dear Joanna,




We are happy to accept "Hamog" for publication in Philippine Speculative Fiction vol.3. Your story was a delight from start to finish..."




My godric! If I'm the fainting kind of girl, I would have fainted. Instead, I squealed! Weeee! ^_^




Launch date is scheduled on December 8th at Fully Booked. Order directly from Kestrel (Kestrel IMC, the publisher) and mention my name for a 20% discount. Woot!




This has been divine. Will never forget this day. Thank You so much, Lord. And thanks to you guys, for your confidence in me, support and prayers and congrats. *hugs*
The picture on the right is the 2nd Volume of PSF. Lovely, no? And see notes from the peanut gallery, Mr Alfar's blog, for updates on PSF, his other books and the LitCritters (superb story critiquing group) , of which I'm a member (though lurky and shy), too!

3 comments:

Zinegata said...

Hi! I'm Thomas from the Dean Alfar blog (the one who commented before you and got the rejection letter ^_^;;; ). I just wanted to drop by and say you have a pretty interesting blog, and it seems like you're a very prolific writer. ^_^

I know it's a bit late, but you may want to send something to the Philippine Genre Stories here: http://www.newworlds.ph/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=433

The deadline is October 5 though, so I hope that you have something you can use off the shelf. I'm currently cramming my own piece for the submission (entitled "A Spell for Christmas") and hope I won't get a second rejetion letter ^_^;;;

Anyway, keep up the good work. y the way, would you like to swap stories from time to time? I also do some fanfiction, although I'm not sure if you'll like them since they're Gundam rather than Potter ^_^;;;

Thanks,

Thomas "Zinegata" Ting

Joanna/JP/Pauie said...

Oh Thomas, thank you so much! I do have something sitting lonely in the shelf. ^_^ I'll pray you get accepted in PGS!

I'm only recently 'prolific', if you call binning several lame drafts prolific. *giggles*

I love Gundam Wing and Seed, but am not very familiar with all the names and eras and suits. But if its Harry Potter, I'm an expert. *wink* I've tried to look for Gundam fanfiction online, but turned up with... uh...trash so far. Maybe I don't know where to look. Its only thanks to you I discovered the New Worlds site! I'd love to swap stories with you. Gimme a link! But be warned, I write mostly romance-y fluff. Heh.

Zinegata said...

Hi Joanna,

Thanks. I do certainly hope I'll finally be able to get something officially published. ^_^

Also, regarding your "lame drafts" - it's okay. Everyone has to start somewhere. My first piece of fiction (a Gundam Wing fic) was pretty awful in a lot of ways ^_^;;;

Speaking of my fanfictions, you can take a look at them here (including that first awful fanfic I mentioned ^_^;;; ) :

http://www.fanfiction.net/~zinegata

Just a note though: Most of my works are actually from the "Universal Century" era (the original Gundam series). I've only finished one Gundam Wing fanfic and I still have one Gundam SEED fanfic that remains incomplete.

Honestly, interest in Gundam has dropped off a lot in the U.S., which is why there are few and mainly bad fanfics. Most of my Gundam writing buddies have already lost interest in the series (which is a shame, because I think my group mates all wrote pretty good fanfics).

Also, if you're interested, I also wrote something anime-related for the Animax Awards, although it's not a fanfic for any specific series. It's the short novel entitled "The Spirit of Christmas" found here:

http://www.fictionpress.com/u/61213/

Finally, don't worry about writing mainly about romance. I do actually like reading romance stories. I'm the romantic (or perhaps the hopeless romantic) type. ^_^

Thanks

Thomas